Our open water swimming opened on 08 January 2022 and is proving to be very popular. We look forward to welcoming all members.
All swimmers must be registered and a member of NOWCA before their first swim. The current annual membership for NOWCA is £15.00 and includes:
- A NOWCA wristband; swimmers must ‘scan in’ when they enter the water and ‘scan out’ after their swim. The wristband contains your membership details and swimming stats, medical information & emergency contacts supplied by you on registration.
- Access to 40+ affiliated venues.
- Insurance cover for personal accident and injury during your session; including travelling to and from the venue.
- Access to the ACTIO App which allows you to manage your account and bookings.
- Exclusive members only discounts from top brands.
When you first register with NOWCA you need to select Pillaton Hall Farm as your venue; your wristband will be ready for you when you arrive for your first session.
Bookings are to be made through the ACTIO app; please ensure that you have read our Terms and Conditions.
Each person swimming must:
- Have, and use, an attached safety float.
- Wear a brightly coloured swimming hat/cap.
- Be able to swim confidently for 25m (one length of an indoor pool).
- Be physically and mentally fit and have no pre-existing medical conditions that would affect them swimming in open water.
Children can register with NOWCA; all children under the age of 16 will need to be accompanied in the water by an adult. Please note that they will not be permitted to enter the water without an adult; standing at the waters edge is not sufficient.
We allow children aged 8 and over to participate, if they are NOWCA registered, however please be aware that children are not permitted to enter the water if the temperature is below 14 degrees. Please only make a booking for your child if you know that the water temperature is going to be above 14 degrees.
Children aged 8 to 15 years must wear a wetsuit, lifejacket, brightly coloured swimming hat and use a tow float.
£8.00 per session.
£6.00 per session, if you book 10 credits (1 credit = 1 session).
Swim Session Times:
Tuesday 5:00pm & 6:00pm & 7.00pm
Thursday 5:30pm & 6:30pm (please check the ACTIO App for dates)
Saturday 9:00am & 10:00am
Sunday 9:00am & 10:00am
Pre-booking is essential; please be aware that spaces are limited.
Please note that a qualified open water lifeguard and duty manager will be in attendance.
There is a boat on the water that can bring you a floatation device and help you to the side of the lake should you need assistance.
Paddle Boarding information will be announced shortly – please keep an eye on our website and social media pages for updates.
Swimming Sessions for our Guests Staying on Site
Currently all guests wishing to swim must be NOWCA registered and book on one of the sessions as detailed above.
Swimming is not included with your campsite booking.
For more details please refer to our open water swimming terms and conditions Open Water Swimming Terms and Conditions